Pixidou is a new open source AJAX image editor which will allow you to :
- adjust brightness
- adjust contrast
What you need to get running
- PHP5.2+ installed on your webserver
- a web browser
Unzip/untar the software in your web directory and that’s all ;-)
Also ensure the images folder is writable by your webserver.
Have fun !!!
Get it and follow it at github
The frontend is the most interesting part, where I’ve use the one and only YUI library. Here are the component I used (served from Yahoo CDN) :
- reset-fonts.css – for all resetting, style information
- utilities – for all AJAX, animation, drag drop, event handling stuff
- container – for all panels, dialogs, alerts
- menu – for the top navigation menu together with the submenus
- button – provides nice buttons
- slider – for adjusting contrast and brightness
- color picker – to choose the color to tint the image
- resize – to resize the image
- image cropper – image cropping utility
- json – to parse all JSON data returned from PHP scripts
- layout – the general layout
- tabview – for the about information
I’ve not used the grids.css since it caused some problems while using the color picker.
It’s only the beginning of Pixidou and I’am currently looking for some collaborators. So, if you think you can give a helping hand in any way to Pixidou, don’t hesitate to contact me (asvin.balloo [@] gmail.com), I’ll happily add you as a contributor to the repository on github.
Since it’s an early version, there must be some bugs lying everywhere, don’t hesitate to drop me an email.